My Mom’s Chicken Spaghetti
I grew up on this classic and comforting dish. Chicken cooked with bell peppers, tomatoes and onions in a creamy sauce...smothered in cheese and baked to perfection. It takes me back to childhood and nights around the family dinner table every time.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pkg Spaghetti noodles
- 1 Green bell pepper Diced
- 1 Yellow onion Diced
- 2 Celery stalks Diced
- 1 Rotisserie chicken Meat pulled off and diced
- 2 Tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper To taste
- 4 Dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Can Diced tomatoes and green chilis
- 1 Can Cream of chicken soup
- 1 Can Cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Can Cream of celery soup
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar cheese Freshly shredded
Preheat oven to 375F.
Cook the spaghetti in boiling water until almost al dente. Drain immediately.
In a large skillet or sauté pan, add some cooking oil and sauté the onion, bell pepper and celery until soft and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes.
Add in the chicken, along with the seasonings and Worcestershire sauce and cook for another few minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes and green chilis, along with all three cans of soup, and simmer the mixture for about 10 minutes.
Pour the mixture into a 9x13’’ greased casserole dish. Top with the shredded cheese.
Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and bubbly on top.