Okay, first of all, that description doesn’t even do it justice. This dish is like crack broccoli. Perfectly seasoned, tender, with just the right amount of char from the oven. It’s the perfect side dish for almost any dinner, and goes great in a lunch veggie bowl….I’d even love this broccoli with some scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast (ooo might have to try that soon). It’s a simple, one-sheet-pan-wonder.
The Best Roasted Broccoli
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 half lemon (use zest and juice)
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste (I like to use a really generous amount)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop up broccoli into roughly even pieces (I like to use the stems chopped up too).
- Spread out the broccoli in an even layer onto a sheet pan lined with foil.
- Drizzle over olive oil, lemon zest, juice, chili flakes and garlic powder, along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until pieces of the broccoli start to blacken (those are my favorite parts…so crunchy!). Toss the broccoli around on the pan about halfway through roasting.