How many of you grew up on these like I did?! While I’ve been on the topic of comfort food lately (we all have our coping mechanisms)… I was inspired to return to my childhood and whip up some rice crispy treats.
I forgot how quick and easy they are to make! I also forgot how addictive they are and had to stop Avu and I before we devoured the entire pan.
The real treat about this recipe (see what I did there?😎) is that it’s so easy to customize. You can mix in or top them off with whatever candy, chocolate, sprinkles, or snack your heart desires. Peanut butter pretzel, chocolate chip, Oreo, funfetti…what else can you come up with?
These don’t require any baking at all. Just melt the marshmallows, add the rice and then let it cool. Depending on the size of the pan you use will change the thickness and cooling time.
Rice Crispy Treats
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 10oz. Pkg. mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups rice cereal
- Add the butter and marshmallows to a deep pot and stir over medium heat until melted together and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and brown sugar until combined.
- Remove mixture from heat. Pour in rice cereal and stir until it all comes together and all the cereal is coated.
- Spread the mixture into a greased baking dish of your choice (smaller dishes will mean thicker treats, longer cooling time).
- Let the treats cool completely. Then cut into squares.