Personally, I feel like the title speaks for itself here. If you love peanut butter, or Nutella, or especially both, drop everything and make these cookies right now. Soft, textured, with gooey swirls of chocolate hazelnut spread. And as if that weren’t enough, they’ve got two superfoods, honey and flax seeds, mixed in. Enough said.
You can make these cookies easily with a stand mixer or an electric beater…just a few simple steps. Use an ice cream scoop to get them all the same size, but don’t make the scoops too heaping, you want them to cook all the way through before the bottoms burn.
I love these beautiful scrumptious cookies with a cold glass of milk (or a glass of red wine, let’s be honest). And as with most cookies, I think they’re even better after a 10-15 second zap in the microwave.
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies (with 2 added superfoods)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds*
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Mix in the vanilla, eggs and honey.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the flour, salt and ground flax seeds (I whiz mine in a spice grinder for a few seconds).
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Use a spatula to swirl the Nutella around in the batter (don’t over mix it).
- Place spoonfuls of dough (a little bigger than a tablespoon) on a greased cookie sheet (preferably lined with parchment paper or foil).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until browning at the edges.
- Let cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.