As a born and bred Texas girl, there’s really nothing else I love more in the morning than breakfast tacos. Warm flour tortillas filled with scrambled eggs, probably bacon or sausage (and hopefully potatoes) and tons of cheese….topped with salsa, jalapeños, onions, whatever you want to pile on.
I mean, does it really bet any better than that? You really can’t beat breakfast tacos. They are such an easy setup to put out on busy weekday mornings… let everyone toss in their favorite toppings and wrap one up to go. Plus they make for a fun, festive, and insta-gram worthy brunch spread, where everyone can build their own perfect dish.
I’m all about the classics — eggs, cheese, sausage and some salsa is really all this girl needs. But your options are endless.
Some other variations to try? Go vegetarian with retried beans, cheese and potatoes. Get a little spicy and swap in ground chorizo sausage (my favorite!)… or jazz up your scrambled eggs with spinach and tomatoes or green chilis.
Whatever you do, just don’t forget to warm your tortillas, and DON’T FORGET THE CHEESE.
Easy Breakfast Tacos
- 1 Egg (per taco)
- Splash of half and half
- Seasoning salt (to taste)
- Bacon or ground breakfast sausage (optional)
- Sautés potato slices or hash browns (optional)
- 1 Flour tortilla (per taco)
- Shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar)
- Salsa (optional)
- Pickled Jalapeños (optional)
- Whatever other toppings you want!
- Cook your bacon or sausage if making until cooked through. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In a bowl, crack your eggs, and add in a splash of half and half, as well as however much seasoning salt you’d like. Whisk together.
- Reduce heat in pan to medium and add the scrambled eggs to the leftover fat. Cook until scrambled to your liking.
- Time to assemble! Start with eggs, add your protein, cheese and toppings. Then go to heaven!