This easy chicken recipe is so tasty and versatile – as a simple weeknight dinner, a crowd pleaser at a cookout, or a perfect salad mix in. I made this recently for Avu and I, and served it up over a bed of rice with a side of roasted broccoli. It was like comfort food with a kick.
Honey Sriracha Chicken
- 1 Lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs* chopped into bite size pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup sriracha
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 limes (juice of)
- 3 gloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cooking oil of your choice
- Optional Garnishes (chopped green onions, sesame seeds)
- In a bowl, combine the honey, sriracha, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, garlic and ground ginger. Add half to a large plastic bag, cover the rest in the bowl and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to bag with marinade. Seal and shake chicken around until it’s completely coated in marinade. Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, remove chicken from fridge, and heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the pan, and discard marinade.
- Once chicken starts to brown, after about 5 minutes or so, add rest of sauce that was set aside to the pan. Simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through and starting to char, about 15 minutes.
- Be sure to serve chicken with plenty of sauce from the pan! 🙂