Perfect weeknight dinner recipe right here!
Super simple, super fresh and oh-so-delicious
shrimp scampi with fresh herbs and butter.
Just pour me a glass of white wine, and call it a night.
This recipe gets an extra veggie kick too because I added a package of zucchini noodles along with the angel hair pasta. It folds in beautifully and adds even more nutrients to this easy weeknight dinner staple.
Tons of garlic, lemon, fresh herbs and butter punch up the bright and creamy flavor in this pasta. Get ready to go back for seconds (and probably thirds).
If you want to make this gluten free or even lighter… just swap out the first three tablespoons of butter with olive oil…and use two packs of zoodles instead of any pasta!
Herby Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pkg Angel hair pasta
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled, deviened, tails removed
- Salt & pepper To taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 handful each sage, parsley, dill (whatever herbs you have on hand are fine!)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 pkg zoodles*
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta for about 4-5 minutes and then drain immediately. (Save about 1/2 cup of pasta water.)
- Dry the shrimp off completely. Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side until shrimp is pink and browning on some parts. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add another 2 tbsp of butter to the skillet, along with the garlic and shallot. Sauté until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the white wine to the pan and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Zest and juice the lemon into the pan, and add the fresh herbs, along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Add your zucchini and noodles to the pan and add the shrimp back to the pan, along with the remaining tbsp of butter. If your pasta seems too thick, add a little pasta water to thin it out. Toss is all together and simmer over medium low heat for another few minutes before serving with more fresh chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese!