Who doesn’t love a smoothie? Creamy, fruity, cold and sweet, and easy to pack with superfoods and nutritious ingredients. They have become a breakfast go to for me, especially since I got a (pink) personal blender bottle, making it super easy for me to blend and sip from the same reusable cup!
This is a new thing for me though, because let’s be honest, smoothies can be a pain to make at home. You gotta get out a bunch of ingredients to prep before blending and it can become a taxing mess. But what about making it a part of your Sunday meal prep routine? Then, just add liquid and. you’ve got fresh, healthy delicious smoothies all week.
SMOOTHIE FREEZER PACKS
what you need:
- Fruit: berries, bananas, mango, peaches, pineapple, kiwi, whatever your heart desires….the combos are endless.
- Greens: like spinach and kale, to give your smoothie just another healthy boost
- Sweetener: go with natural ingredients like honey, maple syrup, agave syrup, or even stevia.
- Liquid: for me, I usually use almond milk, sometimes orange juice (diluted with water…too much sugar!) when I want a really tropical flavor.
- Added nutrients: think flax and chia seeds, Greek yogurt, plant-based protein powder, herbal tinctures, cinnamon, vanilla, nut butter, etc.
- Freezer-safe food storage bags
- Sharpie marker
GET CREATIVE WITH YOUR COMBOS
& pack ‘em up:
- In each freezer bag, add a cup of fruit of your choice, a cup of greens, and whatever seeds and dry additives you want to include.
- Use the sharpie to write on the freezer bag which liquids (including liquid additives) to include when making.
- Store them in the freezer for weeks!
WHEN YOU’RE READY TO SIP
dump and blend:
- Add the contents of a bag to a blender.
- Add in the liquid ingredients you need (including yogurt or nut butter).
- Blend away and enjoy!
SMOOTHIE COMBO FAVORITES
- Berries & greens: with flax and chia seeds, honey and almond milk
- Banana Nut: with banana, spinach, almond butter, honey, cinnamon, almond milk
- Mixed berries: with Greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice, almond milk
- Tropical: with banana, mango, spinach Greek coconut flakes, honey, orange juice
- Dreamcicle: with banana, peaches, Greek yogurt, honey, orange juice
- Sunset: with mixed berries, peaches, mangos, almond milk, honey, chia and flax seeds
What else can you come up with? Let me know below, or share it on instagram tagging @eat.think.live!