This recipe has definitely become my go-to for stir fry. It packs a ton of flavor, and makes for a perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner that I want to throw together in one pan, in half an hour.
You may have noticed by now, but customizability is big for me when it comes to a lot of my recipes. This stir fry recipe is no exception. The sweet, spicy, tangy chili ginger sauce is what makes this dish sing, no matter what you put in it. I used skirt steak, and a store bought stir fry veggie mix the last time we made this. But it’s soooo good with chicken, salmon or shrimp, and you can’t go wrong with any veggie combo you choose.
Fresh grated ginger and garlic, along with red pepper flakes and plenty of sriracha pack the heat and the punch. The sauce comes together with some brown sugar, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar to round out the flavors. I like to cook my meat in it a little, before adding cornstarch to thicken things up as it gets glazed over all your veggies.
Just serve it up over a bed of rice and dinner is good to go!
Trust me, this delicious and easy weeknight staple will be one of the highlights of your meal plan.
Easy Chili Ginger Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil (+ extra)
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 dashes sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lb thinly cut skirt steak
- 5 cups stir fry veggies of your choice*
- Whisk everything except the last 4 ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, splash a little more oil in the pan and when it gets hot, add your skirt steak slices. Immediately sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- After about a minute, flip your steaks and sear the other side. Add about half a cup of your sauce to the pan and let cook another 1-2 minutes.***
- Remove steak from pan on to a seperate lined plate along with most of the juices.
- Add a splash more oil to the pan, along with all your stir fry veggies. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and sauté until they start to soften…about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk the cornstarch into your sauce mixture and pour in to the pan, and stir to coat everything.
- Simmer the mixture another 5 minutes or so until it thickens. Add the steak back in, and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over rice with optional fresh cilantro and limes for garnish.