Eggs are a weekend breakfast go-to in many a household, even if it’s just a simple scramble on some toast. But next time, why not kick it up a notch?
This easy breakfast frittata is as simple as it sounds. And the best part is it is totally customizable. Add sausage, go all veggie, maybe even try smoked salmon and cream cheese?! Endless options, but the framework remains the same. Cook your protein, sauté your harder veggies, pour over your egg mixture and toppings, and finish in the oven. It comes out fluffy and full of flavor. One pan, four steps, and you’ve got yourself a beautiful plate of elevated eggs.
For this recipe, I used a colorful combo of red onion, cherry tomatoes, green bell pepper, cilantro and crispy bacon. I topped it all off with a shredded cheddar and jack mix. A few dashes of hot sauce added the perfect kick at the end.
Easy Breakfast Frittata
- 3 strips bacon chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (can add more if you love tomatoes!)
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 green onion stalk chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Heat a small cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon until it gets crispy and the fat is rendered. Move to a paper-towel lined plate, pouring out some of the excess grease.
- Add bell peppers and red onion to skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes until soft
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a separate bowl, and add the half and half, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Whisk until combined.
- Move the skillet off of the heat, pour the egg mixture over.
- Drop in the tomatoes, cilantro and crumbled bacon. Sprinkle all the cheese over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until browning on top and lifting away slightly at the sides.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes to let set before serving with green onions on top as garnish!