Whether for a backyard summer party, or an easy weeknight dinner, this recipe will turn any meal into a fiesta. Fresh and flavorful green chilis + tangy salsa verde and limes make this pork so juicy, so delicious and fall apart tender.
It’s amazing to me how you can get such a yummy, flavor filled dish with literally such minimal effort. Dump in in the slow cooker, and let it go to work for 3-4 hours, and violá, dinner for a crowd, or the answer to your meal prepping prayers.
The last time we made this recipe we made tacos and it was glorious. I filled the table with sides of cotija cheese, pickled jalapeños, shredded lettuce, fresh cilantro, guacamole, hot sauce and we went to town.
But you can do so much with this pork. In fact, we went on to use the leftovers in taco bowls, in a salad, in quesadillas, and even in a big batch of sheet pan nachos. You can’t go wrong!
Slow Cooker Chili Verde Pulled Pork
- 2-3 lb pork shoulder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion cut into chunks
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 serrano peppers cut in half
- 2 poblano peppers cut in half
- 2 jalapeños seeded if desired, cut in half
- 1 lime cut into quarters
- 1 jar salsa verde
- Rub the spices and salt and pepper all over the pork shoulder and rub it in well to coat. Place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add all the sliced veggies and limes. Add the salsa verde and enough chicken broth to cover half the pork.
- Cover and cook on high for 3.5 hours, and then on low for another hour.
- Remove pork shoulder and bigger chunks of peppers and onions into a seperate bowl. Use 2 forks to easily shred the meat and the veggies. You can splash a little more liquid from the slow cooker to make the mixture as juicy as you like.
To Make Tacos
- Warm up some corn tortillas.
- Add a scoop of pulled pork, and top with cotija cheese, shredded lettuce, pickled jalapeños and guacamole!