*This post contains affiliate links. That means I may get a small commission if you purchase something. I only recommend products I love and trust! For more on ETL’s policies, see HERE.
The ultimate comfort food. The perfect dinner to kick off the weekend. The cured for a broken heart. There’s few things better than a good cheeseburger and fries. Now you can make it right at home, whenever you want.
Seriously, making burgers and fries couldn’t be easier. You can season the meat exactly to your liking, and crisp up those potato sticks of pure heaven juuuuussst right. Then just throw on your favorite toppings, and it’s a party.
For this recipe, you can make your burgers on the stove, or on the grill. We have this countertop electric grill and we absolutely love it. You can order it right now on Amazon for just 50 bucks! If you don’t have at grill though, a cast iron skillet on the stove will still give you a damn good burger.
Super Easy Homemade Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 dashes Worstershire Sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- Toppings of your choice (i.e. cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, mayo, mustard, ketchup)
- In a bowl, combine the beef with all the spices and the Worcestershire sauce. Use your hands to get everything really combined.
- Divide the meat into four parts and form patties. I’m important to make these patties MUCH wider and flatter than you want them to turn out. They will shrink a ton once you put them over heat.
- Heat up a skillet on the stove, or a heat up your grill.* Spray with a little bit of non stick spray.
- Place your patties on the grill or skillet and use your spatula to press them down a little. Leave them for about 4 minutes before flipping to the other side. The burgers are cooked through when the juices run clear…about 8-10 minutes.
- Add cheese to your patties before removing from the grill if desired.
- Place your buns on the grill or hot skillet for 30-60 seconds until toasted and brown on the bottom.
- Load up your burgers with your toppings of choice and enjoy!
The Ultimate Homemade French Fries
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 6 cups cooking oil like vegetable or canola*
- 2-3 tsp salt
- Rinse and peel potatoes. Cut in half along width and then cut into strips.
- Place the cut up potatoes in a colander and rinse thoroughly until water runs clear.
- Place potatoes in a bowl of ice water and chill in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- When ready to cook, drain potatoes and thoroughly dry with a paper towel.
- Heat up your oil in a large deep pot on the stove until it reaches about 300F.
- Add your potatoes and fry for about 6 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. They should still be pale and limp and not fully cooked. Sprinkle with about a teaspoon of salt. Turn off your heat. Your
- Let the fries cool completely. Then turn your heat back on and heat your oil to about 375F. Add your fries for another 7-9 minutes until they are golden brown on the outside. Remove to drain on a paper towel lined plate again, and sprinkle with another 1-2 teaspoons of salt to your taste.
- Enjoy as soon as they are cool enough to touch!