OMG. This pasta is too good to be true. Creamy, spicy, full of flavor. It’s so comforting and so easy to make. You can have it on your dinner table in under half an hour. I promise you’ll want to have it every night of the week.
So this may be a bit of a stretch when it comes to a take on Alfredo… but whatever you want to call it, it’s damn delicious. It starts off with Cajun spiced chicken, cooked to perfection. Then your adouille sausage gets perfectly browned. Veggies get cooked in all those flavorful browned bits. And then the crown jewel, a rich and creamy cheesy Alfredo sauce. It’s pasta perfection.
Cajun Chicken and Sausage Alfredo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken cut into bite-size piece
- 3 tsp cajun seasoning divided
- 5 links andouille sausage cut into thin circles
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup cheddar jack cheese freshly shredded
- 1 handful fresh parsley chopped
- 1 pkg fettucine noodles
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and 2 tsp of the Cajun seasoning and cook for about 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same page, add the sausages and cook for about 5-7 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium. Melt butter the pan and add onion, celery and bell pepper. Cook until soft and fragrant and browning, about 5-7 minutes. Add the rest of the Cajun seasoning, the oregano and the flour and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meranwhile, bring a seperate pot of water to boil and cook noodles until just almost al dente. Drain.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and stir to combine. The mixture will thicken. Cook for another minute.
- Add the half and half and shredded cheese and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken, sausage, most of the parsley, and the noodles to the sauce and stir until everything is combined. Cook for another 5 minutes on low heat, tossing frequently until everything is coated and creamy.
- Serve with more fresh parsley for garnish.