I love a good creamy chicken salad. It’s a filling and tasty lunch staple all year long. Plus it’s easily customizable. Cue my lighter, healthier version of chicken salad.
This recipe makes for a fabulous meal prep option. It’s lighter than regular chicken salad, swapping mayo out for Greek yogurt, and packs an extra nutrient punch from a whole avocado. Mustard and lemon juice give it a balancing tangyness… with fresh parley and dill brightening everything up.
It’s great to have on toasted bread as a sandwich, to throw over greens in a salad, or simply munch on with your favorite crackers and raw veggies.
Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad
- 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1 carrot stick finely diced
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 avocado pitted and peeled
- 2 tsp Yellow mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Small bunch fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 Tsp lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small pot, cover the chicken with water and bring to a boil. Continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Drain the chicken and shred with a fork. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until completely combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!*